- Return transfers from your Cairns, Northern Beaches or Port Douglas accommodation
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise includes a light morning tea, spotting crocodiles and birdlife
- Spectacular views where the world heritage rainforest meets the Great Barrier Reef – known as one of the BEST drives in the world!
- Stop at Alexandra Lookout for a photo opportunity
- Guided walk on an elevated boardwalk through the Daintree Rainforest and learn about Aboriginal culture and rare flora & fauna
- Informative commentary by your local eco-accredited drive guide in English
- 4WD the Bloomfield Track – Billy Tea Safaris are one of the only operators who can travel on the Bloomfield Track due to our custom-made vehicles
- Spot rare animals like the Cassowary or a Boyd’s Dragon along the way
- Enjoy lunch at a local cafe in the Daintree Rainforest region
- Swim in the rainforest at pristine Emmagen Creek
- Spend time at the famous Cape Tribulation Beach – where the rainforest meets the reef
- Cable Ferry crossing across the mighty Daintree River
- Stop at the Daintree Ice-cream company for a homemade exotic fruit ice-cream on the way home (ice-cream at own expense)
Full Day Daintree & Cape Tribulation Tour including Emmagen Creek
This tour is a small and personalised 4WD adventure that travels further north than any other Cape Tribulation tours. Spot crocodiles on a Daintree River Cruise, learn about flora, fauna and the history of the Daintree on a guided boardwalk tour, take a short 4WD ride through a World Heritage-listed rainforest on the Bloomfield Track to Emmagen Creek and a visit to Cape Tribulation Beach. The vehicles are custom built 4WD which are either 13 Seater, 6 wheeler 4WD or 14 Seater Cantas, all vehicles have panoramic viewing windows, extra high clearance for great visibility. All guides are highly trained and have extensive knowledge of the local area.
|Your Preferred Date
- Departs Cairns: Approx 7.00am Departs Port Douglas: 8.20am
- Returns Cairns: Approx 6.30pm Returns Port Douglas: 5.30pm
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel in the morning, and after introductions, we drive north along the spectacular scenic coastal route along the Captain Cook Highway learning about the history of the area and admiring amazing views of the tropical coastline.
- Stop 1:
Daintree Rainforest River Cruise & Morning Tea – our first stop is at the Daintree River for morning tea (tea, coffee & biscuits) where you will enjoy an informative guided River Cruise on the Daintree River. You will learn about the Estuarine Crocodiles in relaxed comfort as you cruise through the mangrove forests and spot native wildlife, this is nature at its best!
- Stop 2:
Alexandra Range Lookout – we make our way up over the Alexandra Range and pause here to take in the panoramic views of the Tropical Rainforest merging with the azure colours of the Coral Sea.
- Stop 3:
Guided Boardwalk Daintree Rainforest Tour – experience the rainforest intimately on one of our guided elevated National Park Boardwalks. Your experienced guide will take you on a wonderful journey through this ancient rainforest whilst giving you an interpretation of flora and fauna and you will have ample time for photographs and questions as we search for the elusive, rare and totally unique Southern Cassowary and other wildlife species within this particular habitat.
- Stop 4:
Lunch – Enjoy lunch at a local cafe in the Daintree Rainforest region.
- Stop 5:
4WD Bloomfield Track to Emmagen Creek Wildlife Spotting & Freshwater Swim – here we will take you beyond the famous Daintree Tea Plantation, past rainforest mountains as we pass Cape Tribulation and continue along the Bloomfield Track through to pristine Emmagen Creek. Time to enjoy a refreshing rainforest stream swim, in crystal clear fresh waters and without the crowds of people.
- Stop 6:
Cape Tribulation Beach – we then make our way to Cape Tribulation Beach arriving after most of the crowds are gone. Stroll along the beach and boardwalk to the photographers’ platform which overlooks the mountains and coast where the ‘Rainforest meets the Reef.’
- Stop 7:
Daintree Ice-Cream Company – we stop an exotic homemade ice-cream at the Daintree Ice-cream Company on the way home. (ice-cream at own expense).