- Scenic Coastal Drive (Cairns to Port Douglas)
- Mossman Gorge (EXCLUSIVE! Arriving at Mossman Gorge you’ll be met by the traditional owners and participate in a “Welcome to Country” and Smoke Ceremony with the Kuku Yalanji. Learn about the weapons, custom and culture of the Bama people with an informative presentation)
- Daintree River (ferry crossing)
- Rainforest Boardwalk (guided tour)
- Cape Tribulation Beach
- Wildlife River Cruise (NOT inlcuded in the budget option)
- Port Douglas (scope it out)
Budget Daintree & Cape Tribulation Tour
See the oldest living rainforest in the world on this budget friendly tour. World Heritage listed Cape Tribulation is where the rainforest meets the reef. This day tour delivers it all, coastal drives and river cruise (not included in the budget option), rainforest walks, Mossman Gorge, the Daintree Rainforest and an Indigenous “Welcome to Country” and smoke ceremony.
|Your Preferred Date|
- Departs Cairns: Approx 7.30am
- Returns Cairns: Approx 6.30-7.00pm
Heading north along the scenic coastal drive, our first stop is at Mossman Gorge. This is in the southern sector of the world famous Daintree National Park and the gorge has been carved out by the cold mountain waters of the Mossman River. It’s a magical place with large granite boulders surrounded by lush tropical rainforest. You will experience a “Welcome to Country” with the traditional owners, the Kuku Yalanji people, who will cleanse you of evil spirits with a smoke ceremony. There is also the opportunity to enjoy a quick refreshing swim afterwards.
Continuing north we cross the mighty Daintree River on the ferry and head straight to Cape Tribulation for lunch.
After lunch, it’s time to explore this ancient rainforest with a relaxed interpreted guided walk along the Marrdja Botanical Boardwalk. You will view everything from low lying ferns and shrubs, to the massive rainforest canopy and even mangrove ecosystems.
Next stop – Floravilla – which has 26 flavours of locally made ice-cream, including dragonfruit, coconut ginger, black sapote and goji berry with rainforest honey. Yum! [At own cost.]
Photo opportunity at the Alexandra Range Lookout (Walu Wugirriga), which provides sweeping views over the Daintree River and out to the Coral Sea.
This afternoon it’s onto the river for a wildlife cruise where you might get to see a crocodile, while learning about the fragile ecosystem of this impressive serpent-like river system. (Not included on the Budget option).
Then it’s back on to the bus for the return journey to Cairns, including a quick drive through Port Douglas, which is a picturesque beachside village with a laid back vibe and loads of bars and cafes.