- Babinda Boulders (spooky aboriginal stories)
- Josephine Falls (natural rock slide)
- Crawfords Lookout (big high lookout)
- Millaa Millaa Falls (world famous hair flick waterfall)
- Malanda Pub (biggest timber pub in Oz)
- Mount Hypipamee (Dinner Falls and the Crater)
- Curtain Fig Tree (biggest tree you’ll ever see)
- Platypus viewing
- Lake Eacham (swim in a volcanic crater lake)
- Morning and afternoon tea, lunch, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits and fruit throughout the day, as well as heaps of games and puzzles to keep you entertained on the bus.
Atherton Tablelands, Waterfalls & Rainforest Adventure
Travel south and discover the majesty and beauty of north Queensland’s most iconic waterfalls, a MUST see for anyone wanting to experience pristine rainforest, cascading waterfalls, stunning panoramas of Queensland’s highest peaks and maybe a glimpse of rare and unique native wildlife. Enjoy varied landscapes and incredible natural attractions with our informative guides as they introduce you to serenity with walks, swims and the amazing history of an unforgettable location and getaway experience.
|Your Preferred Date|
Questions About This Tour
- Departs Cairns: Approx 7.30am
- Returns Cairns: Approx 6.30pm
Travelling south of Cairns our first stop is Babinda Boulders. You will be amazed by the legend of this area which is steeped in Aboriginal history of trapped spirits and a tragic love story that will chill you to the bone.
Next, your morning swim beckons amidst the lush rainforest and cascading crystal clear waters of Josephine Falls. Here a natural waterslide awaits the young at heart and the beautiful backdrop scenery provides great photo opportunities and wildlife spotting.
Then we journey on to the popular waterfall, Millaa Millaa Falls, made famous by Qantas and Herbal Essence (hair shampoo) commercials by the iconic “hair flick”. This 18m single drop waterfall lies in the heart of the Wet Tropics World Heritage listed rainforest.
For lunch, we will take you to Australia’s largest timer pub and fill your belly with some good old fashioned country cooking. Then it’s back into the waterfalls.
Mount Hypipamee, the Crater and Dinner Falls, WOW 3 great things in 1 location! Here you will have the opportunity to take a bush walk, swim behind a waterfall and gaze into an 85 meter deep volcanic crater and if that’s not enough, we quite often see the local Cassowary here too.
As the afternoon starts to roll on, we head to the Curtain Fig Tree. Here 15 meter high tree roots tower above, like a 3 story building; keep your eyes peeled for the elusive Lumholtz Tree Kangaroo.
Just before our last swim spot, we will take you down to a quiet little creek to search for Platypus and then off to our last stop of the day at Lake Eacham. This is a dormant Volcanic Crater lake filled with turtles and surrounded by wildlife. We’ll watch the sunset over a truly spectacular location as our days adventure ends.