Visit the Marine World activity pontoon and experience the thrill and beauty of the Great Barrier from below water and from above!. Catering for all ages and swimming abilities, we include snorkelling equipment, glass bottom boat tours, semi submersible boat tours, underwater viewing observatory and lunch. With multiple options for your scenic helicopter flight ranging from a 10 minute scenic flight whilst already at the reef pontoon, to a 25 minute scenic reef transfer flight to or from the reef, you will be sure to be impressed by the amazing birds eye view over the coral waters!
View the ocean from below through the underwater observatory and feed the fish and marine life.
Glass Bottom Boat Tour
The Glass Bottom Boat allows your guide to hover over coral gardens, giant clams, schools of fish and more.
Semi-Submersible Boat Tour
Through large viewing windows our submarine provides a divers perspective of the reef without getting wet.
Helicopter Flight Options
10 Minute Scenic Helicopter Flight – departs/return Marine World Heli Platform
Cruise/Fly Option – Cruise on the baot to the Great Barrier Reef and spend the day at Marine World Pontoon + a 25 Minute Scenic Helicopter Flight returning you to Cairns in the afternoon
Fly/Cruise Option – Depart Cairns on a 25 Minute Scenic Helicopter Flight to Marine World on the Great Barrier Reef, where you will be spend the day and return to Cairns on the boat
Fly/Fly Option – Depart Cairns on a 25 Minute Scenic Helicopter Flight to Marine World on the Great Barrier Reef, where you will be spend the day and then hop aboard the helicopter again in the afternoon for your return flight back to Cairns
STANDARD INCLUSIONS WITH
- All snorkelling equipment including personal flotation devices in adult/child sizes
- Free Wet Suit And Lycra Suit Use
- Informative Commentary – On board Marine Biology presentation/talk en-route to the reef
- Underwater Observatory
- Semi-submersible boat tours
- Glass bottom boat tours with interactive commentary
- Fish Feeding – Fish feeding and identification session with our Marine Biologist
- Use of Sundeck, Fresh Water Showers and Changing Rooms
- Gourmet Buffet Lunch
- Enjoy a full hot/cold buffet lunch freshly prepared by the highly awarded & renowned Ochre Restaurant & Catering
- Tea, coffee and drinking water will be available free of charge throughout the day
- Morning & Afternoon tea
HELICOPTER FLIGHT OPTIONS
Package includes standard inclusions as above PLUS a 10 minute scenic helicopter flight or a 25 minute helicopter scenic flight transfer one way (to or from the reef).
- Cruise + 10 minute scenic helicopter flight: Boat Departs Cairns 9.00am / Boat Returns Cairns 5.00pm (time of helicopter flight we be allocated on the day)
- Cruise/Fly: Boat Departs 9.00am / Heli flight Return 5.00pm
- Fly/Cruise: Heli Flight Departs 10.25am / Boat Return 5.00pm
- Depart Cairns: 9.00am (check in at the Reef Fleet Terminal 8.15am)
- Return Cairns: 5.00pm
Boarding commences at 8.15am with final boarding at 8.45am from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
Depart Marlin Jetty Cairns – Travel time is only 90 minutes direct from Cairns on a fast stable motor catamaran
Extras such as diving, helicopter flights and lockers available for purchase. See here more more info
Arrive at Marine World on the Outer Great Barrier Reef – Reef duration: 5 hours
A delicious buffet lunch freshly prepared by the highly awarded & renowned Ochre Restaurant & Tropic Spirit Catering is served at Marineworld. See the general tab on our FAQs page for a full menu
Depart Marine World
Arrive back in Cairns